Throughout July and August, canvassers will be going door to door on behalf of North York Women’s Shelter to find new Partners in Healing.
As a Partner in Healing, you will make a difference in the lives of women and children healing from violence.
Every month, your donations will be put to work so we can:
- Ensure every woman and child entering the shelter has a welcome basket with all the essentials for their stay, such as pyjamas, towels, soap, toothbrush, sheets, etc.
- Support our comprehensive trauma therapy programs
- Ensure transitional support is available for women and children rebuilding their lives
- Support interactive and inspiring children’s programming both indoors and outdoors
- Maintain a therapeutic garden and green space that promotes healing
- Support our new health centre for residents and for women in our community experiencing violence
- Support health and wellness programming such as yoga and expressive arts
- Supply our pet kennels so we can keep all members of the family together!
Canvassers from Public Outreach will process your initial donation at the door, and all donors will receive a welcome email and charitable tax receipt from North York Women’s Shelter. Donations can be made through credit card or direct debit, but no cash donations will be accepted. All financial data is confidential, and canvassers are compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations for financial data security and meet industry regulations related to door to door fundraising.
If you would like to make a monthly or one-time donation online, please click HERE
About Public Outreach:
Public Outreach, our partner in door to door fundraising, employs honest and respectful representatives who fundraise on our behalf. Public Outreach employees are compensated through an hourly wage, with no commission. They receive comprehensive training which allows them to speak on behalf of North York Women’s Shelter about our mission and fundraising program.