Fundraising Events are a wonderful way to raise money and create awareness around the issues of violence against women. These events are created and lead by you – our incredible supporters.
Community fundraisers come in many shapes and sizes and are organized by friends, neighbours, co-workers, families or small business. We thank you for supporting the North York Women’s Shelter and raising awareness about the work we do.
Ready to start raising money for NYWS? Set up your fundraising page on Canadahelps by clicking the Fundraise Now button:
Fundraising Tool Kit
This tool kit will provide you with all of the information and tools you will need to organize a successful event.
Ideas For Your Community Fundraiser
- Office Fundraiser: $2 Dress Down Day, Brown Bag Lunch Day, 50/50 Draw
- Community Event: Movie Night, BBQ, Bake Sale, Car Wash, Talent Show
- Sporting Event: Marathon Participant, Bowling Tournament
- Donation in Lieu of Gifts: Birthday, Wedding, Hostess, Holidays, Teacher Gifts
- Small Businesses: Point of Sale Campaign, Proceeds from Sale of Special Item
- Let your creativity shine! Create your own Special Event!
The NYWS is happy to provide support for your event within our capacity. All support is subject to approval and availability. Please include your request in your application form (below).
- Custom online fundraising page where people can donate to your event
- Printed materials including brochures, donations forms, annual reports
- Use of NYWS Name and Logo
- Attendance by a NYWS representative
- Promotion on our website and/or social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Issue individual tax receipts (for donations of $20 or more) in accordance to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Some exceptions apply, please inquire for details.
Community Fundraising Event Form
To ensure that events align with our mission & vision, we ask that all fundraising groups submit an online application form. Please note: the application will take 5-10 minutes to complete and will ask you to list the details of the event, the contact information for the lead organizer and a general financial forecast. Click on the purple button below to be re-directed to the application form. Please allow five business days for a response from NYWS staff. Thank you!
If you would like to brainstorm ideas or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.638.7335 x 226.