Sponsor A Family Program
Women and children can face many barriers on their journey to building lives free of violence, including poverty, lack of affordable housing, and limited child care. The Sponsor A Family program was created to help break down some of those barriers by supporting clients in meaningful ways to make a positive impacts in their lives. Through the program, NYWS donors are matched with families to provide tangible items that can help offset the costs of moving into a new home, supporting a child going back to school, or purchasing gifts for the holidays.
We are currently accepting requests from donors who wish to participate in the Sponsor A Family Program for the 2017 winter holiday season. Donors who are interested can fill out the online form. Due to the number of requests we receive at this time of year, we will only accept applications until all of the families have been matched with donors. Therefore, it is best to sign up early to ensure your participation in the program.
How to participate:
- Register by completing the Donor Participant Form
- You will be matched with a family and we will provide you with some information on the family along with their wish list.
- You purchase items from the wish list and drop them off to NYWS head office no later than December 8, 2017
- If you wish to receive a tax receipt for your donation you must submit a receipt when you drop off the items.
- All donations must be NEW items. We do not accept any used items.
- You must commit to a minimum spend of $100 to participate in the program
- Gifts must be delivered UNWRAPPED
To learn more about the program, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-638-7335 x 233.