Throughout May and June of 2018, canvassers will be going door to door on behalf of North York Women’s Shelter to sign up donors to become Partners in Healing.
As a Partner in Healing, you will help build a new, first-of-its-kind in Canada, innovative shelter. Every month, your donations will be put to work so we can:
- Increase our capacity by over 30% to provide accessible shelter for up to 40 women and children every night
- Build new counselling spaces to provide comprehensive trauma therapy programs
- Build interactive and inspiring children`s play areas both indoors and out
- Plant a therapeutic garden
- Establish a new health centre for residents and women and children in our community experiencing violence
- Build a meditation room
- Build pet kennels so we can keep all members of the family together!
Canvassers from Public Outreach will process your initial donation at the door, and all donors will receive a welcome email and charitable tax receipt information from North York Women’s Shelter. Donations can be made through credit card or direct debit, but no cash donations will be accepted. All financial data is confidential, and canvassers are compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) regulations for financial data security and meet industry regulations related to door to door fundraising.
For more information on our new building, visit: http://nyws.ca/her-campaign/
If you would like to make a monthly or one-time donation online, please click HERE
About Public Outreach:
Public Outreach, our partner in door to door fundraising, employs honest and respectful representatives who fundraise on our behalf. Public Outreach employees are compensated through an hourly wage, with no commission. They receive comprehensive training which allows them to speak on behalf of SickKids about our mission and fundraising program.